Monday, April 20, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Aesop: La Fontaine


The Tortoise and the Two Ducks: I really enjoyed this poem about the tortoise and the two ducks. It had a great feel throughout the whole thing and I thought it was very well written. I liked that this poem was a little longer because it gave room for a little bit of detail. I thought it was a little difficult to read after the first time, but the second time I read it I understood it much better. Overall I really enjoyed this poem.

(15th-century illustration)
The Frog and the Rat: This poem initially interested be because it was about a frog and a rat. These are two animals that you don’t usually expect to be conversing with each other. It was a very good story and thought it was very well written. I thought the whole poem had a nice flow to it. I specifically enjoyed the rhyming in this story because it really added to the flow. This was probably my favorite poem in this unit, although all of them have been very good.

The Astrologer Who Stumbled Into a Well: I thought this was a very cool poem. I have always been interested in astrology so that is what really drew me to this poem. I’m glad I read it because it was one of my favorites. I thought it was very well written and had a very good use of vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment