Monday, April 20, 2015

Reading Diary A: Aesop: La Fontaine


The Ass in the Lion's Skin: I really enjoyed this short poem. I thought it was very cool seeing what the donkey was like trying to be a lion.  I also liked the rhyme throughout. Many of the poems do not rhyme, but that is one of my favorite parts about poems. This is probably my favorite part of all the stories I read, although they were all very good. I look forward to reading the second part of this unit.

The Fox and the Grapes: I really enjoyed this poem. I thought it was very sad that the fox could not reach the grapes. I don’t know what he meant by let the pigs devour. If the fox couldn’t reach the grapes there is no way that the pigs could.  It is also really sad that the grapes were sour. I really enjoyed this story and hope that there are more stories like this.

The Grasshopper and the Ant: This story made me chuckle. I thought it was hilarious that the ant told him to dance. Basically this story is about a grasshopper that sings all summer long, so had no time to collect food. Whenever winter came along, he had to ask the ant to burrow some food. The ant told him that since he sang all summer, he should dance all winter for the food. I thought this was a pretty funny, but mean, thing to say by the ant. Overall, I really enjoyed this story and thought it did a great job at making me laugh. 
An image of a grasshopper and some ants. Web source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment