Monday, February 23, 2015

Reading Diary A: Stories From Congo


The Vanishing Wife: This story is about two brothers who are very different and who despise each other. I would have liked this story more if they could just get along! I still really enjoyed this story about the vanishing wife though. I think that the way they wrote the story was very superb and made me want to keep reading the story. I wouldn’t add much more to this story. Overall it was very well done.

Harvesting from a palm tree. Web source: Dennet's book
The Jealous Wife: This story was probably my least favorite one, which is why I decided to write about it. I think that it was pretty plain and lacked a lot of detail. It is basically just enough detail to tell a story. I also didn’t like the ending and thought they could have done a lot better of a job telling it. It wasn’t the worst story that I have ever read, but I definitely would not recommend this to any of my friends. I feel like most of the stories were this way in this unit.  

The Wicked Husband: This story was pretty simple but I still enjoyed it. Basically a husband tells his wife to come with him to get palm nuts and she does. Once they get to where the palm nuts are, the husband cuts his wife’s arms and legs off. A passing man hears the wife’s singing and finds her. They kill the husband for killing his wife. I wish there was a little more storyline to this, and that they would have explained a little more why the husband did what he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment