Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Reading Diary A: Anderson


The Princess and the Pea: This is about a prince who wants to marry a princess, but it has to be a real princess.  The queen laid a pea at the bottom of twenty mattresses and twenty eider-down beds. The princess slept on them all night then was asked how she slept. She said she slept horribly because she felt something rock-hard in her bed. Since she had felt the pea, the prince knew that she was a real princess and so he married her. I really liked this story, but I thought it was kind of farfetched. It would have been nearly impossible for her to climb up on that many mattresses. Overall I really enjoyed this story.

A princess laying on a bunch of mattresses. Web source: Wikipedia
The Wicked Prince: I really enjoyed the overall flow of this story. I thought it had a lot of good detail throughout the whole thing, which is why I enjoyed it so much. I liked the wicked prince in this story even though he did many bad things. I thought he made the story a lot more interesting because people like there to be evil in the story sometimes. I liked the ending of the story the best. It really tied the whole thing together and made it a great overall story.

The Little Match-Seller: I thought this was a really great story. It was hard to pick my favorites in this unit because I truly enjoyed every story that was written in it. The little match-seller was a great character in this story. I was interested in what was going to happen next throughout the whole thing. I think that the way these stories were written were some of the best written ones in the whole class. This was one of my favorite stories, but I think I liked The Princess and the Pea better.

No comments:

Post a Comment