Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Extra Reading Diary - Aesop's Fables


Lions: Part 1 & Part 2: A lion went hunting with a fox and a jackal and a wolf. The lion didn’t share any of the animals he killed with the others. The lion then became sick, and all of the other animals saw it as an opportunity to pay off old grudges. There are a lot of different stories within this section all about the majesty of lions. They are almost looked at as kings in the wild. It also told about how vicious the lion is. I liked all of these stories because lions are one of my favorite animals.

Foxes: Part 1 & Part 2: Although the lion was very sneaky and tricky, the fox is even more of a trickster. I really enjoyed these stories because it is a lot about a fox tricking others, or sometimes being outfoxed by others. The Fox and the Stork was one of my favorite fox stories. I like it because the stork kind of out smarts the fox in the end of it.

Image of a fox taken by Haggblom Lissa. Web Source: Wikipedia
Wolves:  The wolf is a very dangerous and deadly character. All of his stories are about him wanting to make dinner of others. The wolf isn’t as sneaky as the fox, but is still very successful at what he does. I like all of the fox stories because the fox is very scary almost.

Dogs & Cats: I really enjoyed these fables about dogs and cats. The dog is usually seen as a good character, but in these stories he isn’t always that. The dog was definitely my favorite character because of that reason. It really makes you think, because a lot of what happens isn’t what you expect.

Mice: Initially, I didn’t think I would like the stories of mice, but I was definitely wrong. They were a lot more interesting and exciting than I thought. My favorite story to read was the Town Mouse and the Country Mouse. It talks about if it is worth it to get better food, but risk your life, or if it is better to stay safe and just eat not as good of food.

Asses: Many of the stories are about a donkey, trying to become more than a donkey. They don’t just settle for being a mockery like they usually are. I enjoyed these stories a lot because it tells of an animal overcoming who they are, to become someone better. It teaches you that you can do anything you set your mind to, no matter what situation you are born in to.

Deer:  The deer is mainly referred to as a stag in these stories. There are stories of them being the hunter, and stories of the stag being the hunted. This is probably my least favorite of the stories so far, but they still held my attention. My favorite story was the One-Eyed Doe. It was a vey unique and interesting story.

Hares: From many of the stories about hares, I found that the hares often act faster than they think. They often regret the decisions they make and lose because of it. My favorite story was the classic The Hare and the Tortoise. I enjoyed reading this classic once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment