Sunday, January 25, 2015

Mythology Storybook Brainstorming Topics


Storybook Topic: Ghost Stories
Comments: I’ve always been into horror movies and stories, so I thought that writing about ghost stories would be right up my ally.
Possible Stories: I searched through the UnTextbook and found multiple examples of ghost stories. There are ghost stories from many different cultures, which I believe will help me with diversity in my stories.
Sample Story: One story that I enjoyed reading was The Ghost Who was Afraid of Being Bagged. It was a really good ghost story and got me interested to read more about the same subject.
Book Title: Folk-Tales of Bengal
Author: Rev. Lal Behari Day
Year: 1912

"Brutus and the Ghost of Caesar" painted by Richard Westall 1802. Web Source: Wikipedia


Storybook Topic: Animals of Mythology
Comments: Already throughout this class, I have realized there are endless stories about animals in mythology. I think it would be fun to create stories on my own about different animals of my choosing.
Possible Stories: There are countless stories within the UnTextbook about animals. I got an opportunity last week to read many stories about animals which kind of inspired me to look more into the subject. There are also many stories from around the world about animals, so there is no shortage on inspiration
Sample Story: Although I read many stories last week, I also read one that I enjoyed this week called The Elk and the Ass. It came from the unit “Tales of a Parrot” which is a unit basically full of animal stories. The Elk and the Ass gave me a lot of inspiration for this unit, and was also a very interesting story.
Story Title: 
The Elk and the Ass
Book Title: The Tooti Nameh or Tales of a Parrot
Author: Ziya’al-Din Nakhshabi
Year: 1801

Storybook Topic: Grimm Tales
Comments: I have always had a draw to many of the Grimm Fairy tales. The brothers Grimm leave a lot of room for creativity in their stories, and are all really good reads.
Possible Stories: There are many different stories written by the Grimm Brothers that I have interest in. There is also a very wide range of topics within those stories.
Sample Story: Although I have read many of the Grimm stories before, the one I read this time was Snow-White. A story I am sure many of you already have read before. It is a great story and I really enjoy the way it is written.
Story Title:
Snow-White
Book Title: Household Stories by the Brothers Grimm
Author: Lucy Crane
Year: 1886

Storybook Topic: Stories About Heroes
Comments: There are many stories of our past that are told about superheroes, or just normal everyday heroes. I think it would be a lot of fun to make up some stories about people who saved the day.
Possible Stories: In the UnTextbook, I ran across multiple units with stories of heroes. One unit I read a little more into was Ballads of Robin Hood. Robin Hood wasn’t your average hero, but I believe he is still categorized as a hero.
Sample Story: The story I read was called The Golden Arrow.  I really thoroughly enjoyed this story and thought it was a very good one demonstrating Robin Hood’s heroics.
Story Title: 
The Golden Arrow
Book Title: The English and Scottish Popular Ballads
Author: Francis James Child
Year: 1882-1898

No comments:

Post a Comment