Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Welsh Fairytales


Robert Roberts and the Fairies:  A little man told Robert Roberts that he should go dig underneath the tree and that he would be rewarded. When he went and did it, he found a box full of gold. He went back each day to get more and more gold. He boasted about it though and the fairies found out that he was. The next day when he went to get the gold, there were big stones that came rolling down the hill after him. He never went to the spot again in fear of his life. I liked this story but I have no clue why the fairies are doing what they are doing. I think it kind of rude of them to fool people with gold and then take it away from them.

The Pellings: I really thought that this was a great story. I really enjoyed the beginning. This had a much easier style of writing than a lot of the other stories in this unit. I enjoy it a lot more if it is easier to read.  I liked that the story ended with a little rhyming poem. I thought it really added to the story as a whole. This was one of my favorite readings in this unit. It made me look forward to the rest of the unit altogether.

The Long-Lived Ancestors: I really enjoyed this story. It is about an eagle with many children. I thought that the eagle was very humble.  I like at the end how it told that all of the animals in the story were some of the oldest creatures in the whole world. This was one of my favorite stories in this unit. This unit overall was a really good one with many good stories, so it was hard picking just a couple to write about. 
An image of an Eagle. Web source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment