Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Reading Diary A: Welsh Fairytales


Crows: This started out with a poem talking about what different amount of crows meant for your luck. I really liked this beginning for the poem and I really thought it set a tone for the rest of the story. I thought that the tone that it set was very dark and almost scary. I really did enjoy this story and thought it to be one of my favorites of the year. My favorite part of it was the very ending.

Photo of a Crow. Web source: Wikipedia
The Story of Gelert: I thought this story was a very difficult one to read, but I did enjoy it. I have trouble reading stories that aren’t written using todays modern phrases. I thought this was a great story though and it ended up being one of my favorite ones so far. I liked that in the end they still had a normal funeral as if it were for a human. Overall I thought this was a very good story.

The Old Man and the Fairies: This story begins out talking about the Welsh mountains being full of fairies. An old man was on his way to a fair and fell asleep in the mountains. While asleep the fairies carried him to under the earth where there were palaces of gold and fairies everywhere. The fairies took him back to the spot where he was before, but his bag was full of gold. He went home and when he told his wife what was in the bag, it was no longer in there any more. I really liked this story. I wish I could’ve known where the gold went off to though.

No comments:

Post a Comment